Social media is one of the most powerful forces driving hospitality. Today, consumers play a key role in their travel experience from planning a trip, posting holiday photos, updates and reviews. The hospitality industry is dependent on voice and opinion dissemination, and social media is the ideal platform for this.
81% of travelers said that criticism was important when choosing a hotel.
70% of consumers say that travel reviews have the biggest impact on shopping behavior.
43% of hosts believe that social media produces the highest ROI.
About 40% of travelers report reviews.
38% of US travelers use social media to share their experiences while traveling.
Social sharing has a big impact on travel booking. They used sites like Facebook, Twitter, TripAdvisor, Google+ and LinkedIn to research travel plans:
52% have changed their original plans.
33% changed the hotel.
10% changed their birthplace.
7% changed destination.
TripAdvisor for business
83% of respondents usually consult their hotel reviews before making the hotel.
70% of hospitality professionals say that it is the # 1 influential site for customers.
51% of Facebook fans have a better chance of buying brands or buying from fans.
52% of Facebook users say friends' photos have inspired vacation options and travel plans.
79% of Twitter followers recommend the brand after becoming a follower.
About 67% of Twitter followers are buying brands that follow or are fans.
81% of American online consumers say they have reliable information and advice on Pinterest.
20% of all social referrals to shopping sites come from Pinterest.
With all the available information, this question: "Can your hotel afford to maximize your social media presence?"
Here are 7 tips for launching your hotel social campaign:
1. Create social media pages on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram and Google+. Keep in mind that Google+ search engines are the # 1 way to drive engine optimization.
2. Use your property logo to get your profile picture.
3. Make sure you have an attractive header image that shows your property.
4. Make sure your contact information and website address are listed on the page.
5. On Facebook make sure you use the "book now" button feature.
6. Post daily on all social media platforms.
7. Only 1 in 5 posts should promote.